Hightower Painting Products Ltd. is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Hightower Painting Products Ltd. may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th August 2017, updated on 18th May 2018.
Information we collect:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- IP Address
- Credit/Debit Card Details
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by visiting your account or emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly. The personal information that we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. We will not transfer or sell your information. We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should email us at email@example.com.
Use of Personal Information:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Send updates regarding the status of your order or enquiry
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
When you place an order we need to know your name, email address, delivery address, credit or debit card number and the card’s expiry date. This allows us to process and fulfil your order and to notify you of the status of your request. We may also ask for your telephone number which enables us to contact you urgently if there is a problem with your order.
Your Email Address
- Your e-mail address will be used to communicate with you about your order and products purchased.
- Your e-mail address will be used for our marketing purposes unless you unsubscribe. It is possible to unsubscribe at any time. You can request to unsubscribe to our mailing list by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will process your request in a timely matter. You can also unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link, which exists at the bottom of all marketing emails sent by HighTower Painting Products Ltd.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a text file containing information that can be remembered by a web browser between pages. When an individual uses a web browser to access the internet their browser can create cookies which are stored on the user’s computer. Cookies are not programs and therefore cannot contain viruses or other malicious software. They are purely a string of text and numbers.
Session cookies only last during a single visit. When you close your web browser the session cookie information is automatically removed from your computer.
Persistent cookies are stored by the user’s web browser even when the web browser has been closed, so that the next time a user goes back to the website that originally set the cookie, the web site can read information back from the cookie.
Persistent cookies have an expiry date which controls when they are automatically deleted. This can be anything from a few minutes to several years, depending on your own browser settings.
HighTower Painting Products Ltd. website uses session cookies for two purposes:
- Two session cookies are set that temporarily store a unique identifier for each visitor to the website. This identifier is a random series of letters and numbers and doesn’t contain any personal or identifiable information. It is used to help count the number of visitors to HighTower Painting Ltd. website.
- Two cookies are set by the computer systems that run the HighTower Painting Products Ltd. website. These cookies are used as part of the process of sending web pages to the user’s web browser and are essential – no website using Microsoft technology will work without these cookies.
HighTower Painting Products Ltd. use persistent cookies for the following purposes:
- HighTower Painting Products Ltd. use their own cookies to remember which items a customer has put into their basket. By using a persistent cookie for this, a customer can close their web browser and come back to HighTower Painting Products Ltd. website subsequently and still be able to access items that had been put into their shopping basket on a previous visit. This cookie is essential for the functioning of HighTower Painting Products Ltd. website as without it customers would be unable to place items into the shopping basket. The cookie lasts for 1 year but is cleared once an order has been placed.
- A number of persistent cookies are also set by the computers that run HighTower Painting Products Ltd. website. These cookies are solely used to record technical information necessary for our web servers to work properly. No personally identifiable information is stored in these cookies.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
HighTower Painting Products Ltd. may from time to time share your details with third party analytical resources for the purposes of better understanding customer behaviour and performance, website performance, improved ad relevance and any other analytical process to give HighTower Painting Products Ltd. a better understanding of how to develop its offering to its customers. These third parties will be employed solely for the purpose of the aforementioned analytical purposes, and as such HighTower Painting Products Ltd will ensure that the third party is contractually obliged to use the data only for the analytical purposes set out in the agreement between HighTower Painting Products Ltd and the third party, and HighTower Painting Products Ltd will also ensure that the third party is contractually required to maintain a level of security around the shared data, at least as safe as HighTower Painting Products Ltd. itself employs. Failure on the part of the third party to meet its contractual obligations will result in HighTower Painting Products Ltd. recovering the data, and taking all reasonable actions to ensure the third party no longer has access to the shared data. Any third party cookies used on HighTower Painting Products Ltd. will adhere to the same standards as first party cookies and not collect any personally identifiable information.
Social Media Plug-ins and pixels
Social Media Plug-ins and Pixels for Facebook and Instagram obtain data for tracking purposes. This includes the ability to track an audience across device for advertising purposes in line with the terms of each social media platform.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
Hightower Painting Products Ltd, 4 St Andrews Terrace, Newtown, Waterford, X91 YC43, Ireland.
CUSTOMER SERVICE contact: Email: email@example.com
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The above privacy statement may not be applicable in all countries of HighTower Painting Products Ltd. visitors or registered community users, as security policies may vary according to the individual Internet laws in each host country.